Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Vibration

Hi, I'm new to this group having recently purchased a late Stag with
original engine having covered 95,000 miles. I have a few problems that
I'd appreciate some advice on.

I am experiencing a vibration on both acceleration and deceleration at
low RPM (between 1500 and 2000). Any ideas?

I'm thinking of replacing the standard tail pipe with the better looking
larger bore pipe. Will this fit the remaining standard system?

The high mileage engine generally sounds OK except for some noise from
the left hand camshaft. Does tappet adjustment usually remedy this?

Many thanks

Mark Jordan