Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Dead Differential

Hello Staggers,

Yesterday I was driving along a half block from my house and my differential
seized.  My half shafts pulled themselfs out of the housing and  oil poured
out.  Now I am in the market for a new differential. I understand their is a
BMW conversion as well.  Does anybody remember a point of contact concerning
this conversion. I would think if done right it would give me a better
cruising RPM.  I may have to settle for used differential as It is suppose
to go to the body and paint shop in two weeks.  I will need something fairly
quickly.  Any pointers concerning installing a Stag rearend?

thanks

Rob Bentall
75 Stag
83 XJ6