Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Seat Restoration

Greetings Fellow Staggers:

I am restoring my 1973 Stag (USA Market, Mark II, Manual with OD), and have
encountered yet another item in need of replacement with no known source to
obtain replacements.

Both rubber seat bottoms are in need of replacement.  A local upholsterer
called the piece a "squab", however I think that in the Queen's English, squab
refers to the seat back (or those tasty little quail)...

The item of interest is a black rubber mat, stretched under the seat bottom.
This piece is held with wire staples, and provides some of the resiliency of
the seat bottom.  I would venture to call it a diaphram of sorts.

There are markings on the Driver's Side (Left) diaphragm:

Vitafoam Ltd.
Vitaphragm (TM)
British Part Number 904978
  "  --  "  1010975
Part Number 88/813787
P521--B
LH

The markings are the same for the Passenger Side (Right) diaphragm with the
exception of:

Part Number 88/813788
RH

I ask the group collectively:  Is there a source for these items, or if not
what are my options here in the land that Spring forgot?

Thanks so much for the help!

Doug Zaitz
Portland, Oregon, USA
And it was snowing in Bend, Oregon today when I drove back to Portland...