Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Back to rear shocks

Hi all
Remember ny clanking sound from the back. The top of the rear left shocker.
Well I dropped the hood today - second time this year. Hooray. Last was coming
back from NEC on May 2.
However, I noticed a spread of very fine oil, hardly visible,  coming from the
stud and nuts holding the rear left shock absorber. It is running down from
the top shock mounting ledge down below the back of the rear seat squab. If my
spax is leaking uphill like this, is it terminal?
Peter Howells