Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Viscous Coupling

Hi everyone
I visited the Classic Car Show on Saturday.
Saw four Stags, but main point, following the subject, is that I was watching
the Tony Hart Servicing video on the Stag Owners Club Stand. I didn't watch
much, but what I saw told me
a)  It is a very good piece of work, very clearly presented.
b)  Tony Hart recommends checking the play in the viscous coupling as part of
the servicing routine. This check is not in the Repair Operation Manual. So he
feels it is a trouble spot that needs a regular check as does Mike

I still prefer Electric. Two of the Stags at the show had electric fans, both
in addition to viscous coupling fans. Thats what I call total paranoia about
overheating.
Peter Howells