Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE:Oil Pressure

After all this talk about oil pressure I took the Stag for a run on the
weekend and recorded the following figures at the end of it.  This is from
a new gauge I have recently had made up and I am assured by the company
that made it that it was carefully calibrated.  I must put my trust in them
on this aspect.

RPM    lbs/sqin
600      16
1000     25
1500     34
2000     37
2500     39
3000     42
3500     44
4000     46
I have every reason to believe the oil pump is original and has never been
off the engine before.  I base this on recently having disassembled the
pump to replace the O rings and found the old O rings were so brittle they
crumbled as I took them out, a sign I believe of 20 year old rubber.  This
also solved a bad oil leak.
Guy Grunwald
77 Stag