Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Windshield installation and chrome trim

Hello List,

I thought I would send out a note to say that putting the windscreen in
was not that big a deal. I used a 1/8 diameter nylon cord (available at
home depot for a whopping 59 cents) and the help of two neighbors and had
the glass in on the second try. Total time,  including taking the glass
out after the aborted first attempt and refitting the seal and the nylon
cord, was only 30 minutes!!!

The chrome trim is another story.  I tried in vain to fit the trim to the
seal before putting the glass in the car, but it proved impossible. The
chrome just kept popping out. Anyway I have found that a "F" crochet hook
(borrowed from my mother-in-law) makes a perfect tool for installing the
trim.  In fact, I had the driver's side trim installed in less than 30
minutes. The passenger side is another matter, having been slightly bent
while in  storage over the last few years.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]