From owner-stag@domain.elided Tue Mar 17 03:02:12 1998
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 01:00:40 -0800
From: Ralph Vrana <rvrana@domain.elided>
To: Stag@domain.elided
Subject: speedo & tach for V6 conversion
Sender: owner-stag@domain.elided

At the present time my 71 stag has a ford Capri V6 motor and automatic
transmission.  I plan to convert back to a Stag motor and trans in the
future but at the present time need to fix the tack and speedo so I can
quite getting pulled over by the local police.  I have the following
questions:

1)  Are there guages that I can pick up that will pop in the stag
openings and work with the capri setup?

2)  What kind of speedo cable will work with the ford automatic trans and
the Stag speedo and do I need somekind of converter?

3)  Is there a way to adjust the Stag tach to work with a V6?

4)  What have some of the other V6 conversions done about their tach and
speedo?

5)  In regards to going back to the original motor and trans I need the
following parts:
	a)standard shift trans with overdrive (if possible) and wiring
harness
	b)shift lever for std. trans
	c)the metal ring that holds the rubber boot on the trans tunnel
	d)the piece of wood with the round hole for the console
	e)black console in good shape
	f)any brackets and mounting hardware required for the trans and
	motor.
	e)Drive shaft,flywheel,and plate on back of motor for std trans.

Your help and comments will be greatly appreciated!

Ralph Vrana
Cleveland Ohio
rvrana@domain.elided

73 Stag Magenta original
71 Stag Royal Blue Ford capri motor & automatic transmission

----- End Included Message -----