Stag/Stag Digest Archive

steering

Hello,
I've got a bit of movement in the rack which, along with marginally
imbalanced tyres, causes a steering shake at speed. Previously I've
tightened the adjusting nut and that's fixed the problem. Just how tight
should that be? My manual does not mention a torque setting for it. I
tighten it until I can just start to feel resistance in the steering wheel
with the front of the car raised. Think that's about right?

Thanks and regards,

JoHn

77 Tahiti blue auto with wires in Sydney