Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Auto Stag RPMs at 55 mph

Hi Larry
Funnily enough I just wrote and told all that my auto Stag in top (3rd) is
just over 3000 (3100) as she cuts through the 60 mph barrier.
I think your Stag has not shifted out of second, which would give the sort of
reading you got. You need to do the road tests in the Workshop manual.  There
may be an auto box problem, in that you have no upshift 2-3. Perhaps something
simple like adjustment of the downshift cable or more likely the shift
linkage. Maybe the governor.
Good luck
Peter Howells