Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Speedometer error

In a message dated 04/03/1998 09:03:06 GMT,  kgn@domain.elided writes:

<< Subj:	 Re: Speedometer error
 Date:	04/03/1998 09:03:06 GMT
 From:	kgn@domain.elided (K.G. Nicholson)
 To:	PGAHOWELLS@domain.elided (PGAHOWELLS)
 CC:	rudibrown@domain.elided, stag@domain.elided

 On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, PGAHOWELLS wrote:

 > Hi
 > The workshop manual has some data, but its variable dependant on
 >
 > Tyre size (There are three sizes with data given)

 Firestone 185/70 HR - which I am pretty sure are original types.

 > Overdrive type  "A" or "J"

 Overdrive type J  - it is a 1977 car.

 Many thanks for your interest and help.

 Regards

 Graham

To Graham

It says for 185/70 tyres 432 revs per minute per 10 mph. Thats 3024 for 70mph
O/D Top No distinction for A and J overdrives.

It only gives different readings for A and J overdrives in the 185HR14 tyre
size
414 and 404 respectively  (rpm per 10 mph)

Peter