Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Barrett & Rimmer Bros.

Hi
In view of a letter I recently received from Rimmers stating they offer good
service and have knowledgeable staff, I think your email should be forwarded
to them. It is highly factual and very calm.
I am sure if it was my business I would appreciate such comments and remedy
the situation.
Of course you may have already done it!!

Saddle Tan!! Ahh! Yes I would like a wool carpet set in Saddle Tan!  The
original colour of my Saddle Tan carpets is a brown colour. It must be Saddle
Tan or was meant to go with Saddle Tan because on my chassis number the only
other colours are black red and blue. This brown is exactly the same colour as
a bar of milk chocolate.
I have two samples of modern replacement carpets both wrong. There is a
lighter colour, I suppose its Beige, and another Brown which is a tad less
reddish but having coarser strands and only 8 knots to the inch instead of the
original 12, looks tufty and lacks the fineness and light reflecting qualities
of the original.
So silly me still seeks perfection. I can't find the smooth vinyl either. The
smoothest available from Aldridge is not quite orangy enough for original
Saddle Tan, and has too much grain. The later grainy one is too orangy, and
quite bright!!  Its a good excuse for not spending the money!!!
Peter Howells