Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Barrett & Rimmer Bros.

I thought I would pass along a recent experience I had with Rimmer Bros.
and a Stag parts order, since it seems we're going to be doing more
business with Rimmer's.

I placed my first overseas order a couple of weeks ago. I first inquired
via
e-mail as to parts pricing and availability, and then FAXed an order to
them.
It got lost, and I didn't find this out for about 3 weeks. I then sent
another
e-mail to them, this time with the order. I received the order VERY
promptly!

I also ordered a hose kit, but I clearly specified in the order that it was
be a reinforced kit. It seems like their defaul is to send (and stock) non-
reinforced hoses. (Which makes no sense to me given the Stag's cooling
design.) And this wasn't caught until I specified in the body of the e-mail
(NOT in the order!) that I distinctly wanted a reinforced kit.

I also ordered a Saddle Tan LHD carpet set. Again, I explicitly called out
the
color and fact that I needed LHD. No comments or queries from Rimmer.
I received a Brown carpet set, and after asking about this was informed
that
the Saddle Tan was not available. Why they didn't tell me this BEFORE the
order is beyond me! And I have yet to find out whether I have to pay for
return shipping if I return it.

So my experience shows that one needs to be very cautious when dealing
with Rimmer. They have good quality parts, but it seems as if their
salespeople are not the most knowledgable in the industry. YMMV, especially
if you deal locally rather than overseas.

Anyone got a GOOD Saddle Tan carpet set?    <sigh>

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       brucekro@domain.elided