Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: I'm just wild about Saffron......

mark.weir@domain.elided wrote:

(snip)  What else
> should we attack, given that the car has been in hibernation for a
> while?

I would also do the following:
- Bleed the brake and clutch hydraulic systems and check their operation
- Change all the fluids in the engine(oil), transmission and rear if not
just for new fluid but also to check the fluid levels.
- Drain, flush, refill and bleed(remove air ockerts) fro the cooling
system.
- Retourque headbolts/nuts
- Check tires for dry rot cracks and fill to correct air pressure

I've had my Stag off the road for about 2.5 years and it's just gotten
back in running condition. I am going through a few "teething" problems
myself. In fact I've got to take the carbs off and rebuild them. It sems
the floats may have stuck or something else is causing fuel to be dumped
out one of the vacuum ports. These carbs were fine the last time my Stag
was on road.

I would also do a number of short runs with the car gradually increasing
the length of the driving time in order to see if everything is working
properly and to gain confidence with the car. This is especially true
for a car that has sat for quite a while or one that is a new purchase.

Good luck

--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA