Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: [2] Front Suspension Question

Do not try this method! I repeat-DO NOT TRY IT!

I have replaced the strut inserts on my Stag and spring compression was
done an an experienced shop with the correct tools and even they were
extremely cautious around the springs while compressing, removing and
and replacing them. Each mechanic had a horror story to tell about the
compressors breaking or people using other methods to compress the
springs. It is very dangerous stuff not to do right and you could do
serious injury to yourself and others if not done right.

--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA