Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Oh Bother... and a query

JD

This is precisely why I do not use these types of mechanical clutch type
fans
on my cars.  As I I have said before, both the stag and the 2500S sedan,
DO
NOT have, chucked them away years ago.  I rely solely on electric.

There is one exception in the family.  My daughter drives a 2000 sedan,
which
has a shaft driven fan but not a clutch type.  The interesting aspect of
this
set up is that the fan blades do bend.  the gap between the radiator and
the
fan when stationary is about 2 inches, yet there are signs on the
radiator
that the blades have contacted .  No major damage, just marked the
radiator.

my two pence worth

Have  a merry Christmas and happy and prosperour new year

keep Staggering

brian
_______
_