Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag vs Saab water pumps

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 PGAHOWELLS@domain.elided wrote:

> Hi all.
> Since SAAB purchased the engine from Triumph and spare parts to go with it I
> should imagine the water pumps are exactly the same, or one of them.
> Could be Stag used six vane and twelve vane and Saab only six vane or vice
> versa!
> I should think it is highly unlikely SAAB set up another supplier to make
> those pumps just for aftersales use. It isn't exactly simple from a tooling
> point of view!

And, FWIW, there are at least two different Saab water pumps, differing at
the very least in the gear that meshes with the jackshaft. I don't know
which of the two is the equivalent of the Stag water pump. Either way,
though, the two Saab pumps are not interchangeable. Don't ask me how I
know! :-(

--Andy

* amace@domain.elided                     *