Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag vs Saab water pumps

Hi all.
Since SAAB purchased the engine from Triumph and spare parts to go with it I
should imagine the water pumps are exactly the same, or one of them.
Could be Stag used six vane and twelve vane and Saab only six vane or vice
versa!
I should think it is highly unlikely SAAB set up another supplier to make
those pumps just for aftersales use. It isn't exactly simple from a tooling
point of view!

It is true that the SAAB oil pump is different, higher rated I believe, but
their oil pump is perhaps common to many engines, whereas we know those water
pumps, 6 or 12 vane, are unique to TR7, Dollies, Stag and SAAB!

Another tuppence worth!!
Peter Howells