Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Request info on Siata Sping

Does anyone know where I may find web photos of  a Siata Spring and some online technical
information for this model? There seems to be no organized Siata club in the US.

I think I know the Siata basics. The Siata Spring was a flat fender rear engine car based on a Fiat 850 platform. Looks something like an MG TC. Sold in the late sixties and early
70s. I'd like to view some pictures and history. Anyone actually drive one? Did Siata breathe on the 850 motor to make it live? Which carburetors did the Spring use. A 5 spd?

Most information I learned about Siata concerns the early stuff from the 50's.Siata's heyday. (If there was such a thing)