Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: [none]

"Brian Doody" <Brian.Doody@domain.elided>  wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could supply me with the correct
> NGK cross-reference for a
> Champion RC7BYC spark plug.
>
> BCP7ET is whats been suggested by a parts warehouse but
> I'm not so sure they know what they are talking about!!!

Facts:
My NGK catalog (1995) lists the BCP7ET as a replacement for
Champion's C6BYC plug.

Speculation:
I think the RC7BYC is the resistor version of that plug, and
so the NGK replacement would be the BCPR7ET.  This is an edu-
cated guess on my part, based on the fact that every Champion
"R" plug was cross-referenced to an NGK "R" plug in NGK's book.
I don't know for certain how Champion's ID system works.

Facts:
The "T" in the NGK designation is for a triple ground electrode.
NGK lists in their '95 application guide a BCP7ES for some
imports including some Alfas (the "S" designates a standard
single ground electrode of the usual diameter) (2.6 mm?).  They
list a BCPR7ET for Porsches.  No model(s) specified in either
case.

I hope this helps.

-steven
 s_trujillo@domain.elided
 I have FREE tickets available for 1998 Formula 1 auto races in
   France, Portugal, and possibly Belgium!  E-mail me for details!