Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

More Trivia

The marque "Lancia"....what is the proper pronunciation?

Does the "c" have an s sound as in the word sea, or does it have a "ch" sound as in the word church?

I've heard it pronounced both ways, probably more often the "sea" way;   but I've spoken to a friend who is
fluent in Italian, & she says a "c" followed by an "ia" is usually pronounced "ch".

Is she wrong?

Ryan Greenblatt
e-mail:  brio@domain.elided

1979 Fiat Spider