Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: "Stud Conversion"

<< So who has converted their Fiat/Lancia wheel bolts to studs?  Who has kits?
 And who have done their own with all-thread cut to size?  What pitfalls
should
 I avoid?

        This is definitely the way to go.The studs should have an opening for
  an "Allen" wrench in the end.Clean the hub threads a bit and use some
  heavy duty Loctite to insure things stay in place.I bought my last ones from
  the local Tire Barn but that's been a while.I think I heard Nissan studs are
the
  same 12 X 1.25 mm thread if that helps.
                               Mark Manley