Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Squeeky belt solved

I feel really ignorant now. I checked the belt tightness on my belts today
and found that the alternator belt had about 1 inch of deflection!

Although the 17mm nut was really tight, the belt was somehow loose.

I am sure the belt was tight after I installed it and the tightness of the
17mm nut proved to me that I didn't forget to tighten the nut.

I can't figure out how it became loose unless the belt stretched or something.

Oh well.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt
ICQ # : 7344463