Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Fuel lines inside of car

>My 77 Spider (late production) also has fuel lines that run through the =
>interior of the car.  This looks to be factory.  My 76 had the lines =
>running up the drive shaft tunnel outside the car.  Is this common on =
>all later Fiat Spiders (or did ol' Guido mis-read the prints on his =
>first couple of days on the production line back in 77)?  The line goes =
>from metal to hose and back to metal for about a foot.  It kind of gives =
>the car the smell of gas if I leave the windows up while it is in =
>storage.

The fuel injected versions are routed like this as well. When I replaced the
fuel line/injector hoses on my spider, gasoline trickled from the return
line and into the passenger compartment. It took about 4 days for the smell
to dissipate.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt

United States