Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: Engine stand

> I need an engine stand for my X1/9 engine.  Will a "normal" stand at > the local parts place work with this engine or do I need a special one?

A normal, cheap-o engine stand will work fine.  You will need some spare
transmission mounting bolts (or head bolts of the old style), a couple
of nuts for them, and some iron pipe available to cut to length for
spacers/shims for the bolts.  The engine stand should have a mounting
plate with an x-shaped set of adjustable arms for bolting on the motor.
I used the bottom two bolts through the adjustable arms as intended, but
put the top bolts directly through the mounting plate.

Paul

--
   Paul Stoltze                                   /              \