Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re: Lancia Montecarlo Clutch removal

Simon Taylor writes:

>Looking through the Haynes manual for the Beta, they say you can
>remove the gearbox and bellhousing without engine removal by using or
>making a bracket to support the clutch/bellhousing assembly.

I wouldn't want to try it on a Scorpion or Monte Carlo... there's not a lot
of room for sideways movement of the gearbox.  But then I've always preferred
removing the whole engine/transmission assembly from any car since it's
incentive to generally clean the engine bay, inspect normally hidden bits,
and perform repairs you might not generally do.

.za is Zaire?  Or where?

George Emery
gemery@domain.elided
http://members.aol.com/gemery/scorpion.html