RE: [ihc] Why not Jeep outers?

Not sure that makes parts any more readily available, Jeep 44 open knuckle
fronts are fullsized stuff from the same era as SII bits. The Wagoneer 44 I
bought didn't have a drag link mounting point on the passenger side knuckle,
it looks like they used a 'pierced' TRE to attach the drag link. That should
work for you, 'course the Jeep hubs are 6 lug, so you're back to mix-n-match
for 5 on 5.5". I couldn't use the Jeep spindles because they were 'big
bearing' and the Ford hubs for 5 lug are 'small bearing'.

Jim