[ihc] Oil Filters

John H said:
>Well, our illustrious old friend and gyro pilot on several occasions
>came to the defense of the cheapest of the Fram filters and used them
>in the 392 that he rebuilt that is now owned by Joel B.

John,
  I seem to recall him using Baldwin filters, as I spotted one and
asked him where he bought them.  I've been getting mine the same
place (Williams Oil Filter Supply, Tacoma) ever since.  I get
them for about $5 ea, so they are a bit more than the Fram.

  I have not measured it, but the Baldwin is clearly thicker steel,
and it uses a real spring in the top.  I sure wish that oil filter
website had info on the Baldwin.

Allan W.