RE: [ihc] Jeep Scout

What we know from the USPTO database is that Navistar(ITEC by
extension)currently owns the Scout trademark as it applies to vehicles over
2400# GVW, and in a separate trademark a wide array of parts for same. What
we don't know is any licensing agreements that ITEC may have with 3rd
parties.

Other interesting USPTO tidbits:

In 1995 Navistar registered a 'Scout' trademark specifically for medium duty
trucks(hedging bets?), that TM is still in force.

Honda has a currently registered 'Scout' trademark for ATV's.

GM had a 'Scout' trademark for motor vehicles filed in 1998, now
cancelled/abandoned(litigation?).

Ssang Yong of Korea had a 'Scout' trademark for motor vehicles filed in
1991, now cancelled/abandoned(lawyas again?).

Jim