Re: [ihc] Transmissions - Borg Warner

At 9:43 PM 12/10/04, willy cunningham wrote:
>Dave,
>I don't know if there are any 727 to AMC 232 applications out there.

There sure are.

Jeep used the 727 behind (at least) the AMC V-8's for a while. As I said
the other day, the bell bolt pattern on the 232/258 6's is identical to
that on the AMC V-8's, and also to that on the later jeep '4 liter' 6's.

I think it was Jim G. who piped up that they likely used a longer tailshaft
housing on the AMC mated 727's in IH application so as to make the complete
tranny match the length of an IH bell pattern 727.

Greg