Re: [ihc] Wiper motor rate control, engine question

----- Original Message ----- From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
To: "Tom Harais" <THarais@domain.elided>; "IHC Digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:16 PM
Subject: RE: [ihc] Wiper motor rate control, engine question

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Tom
Harais
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 5:20 PM
To: IHC Digest

wrong or something.  So, I reread the instructions and tried some
different
application techniques to no avail.  Sadly, I've never been able
to achieve
the result I had with that first car I used it on.

Of course, they claim it's "the standard" for airplanes and such.

Tom H., '76 Traveler
Something I haven't tried for years, but had really good results with once
upon a time was tobacco. You fill a cotton bag or sock with fresh pipe or
rolling tobacco, wet it in warm water, and rub the bag vigorously on the
windshield. I remember seeing the same amazing results with that, and I
lived in Seattle at the time, so no lack of wet days. YMMV, FWIW, ETC...

John A.

In 1960 my girl friends father had a '58' Olds with vacuum wipers, they worked terrible, but he always had a sack of Bull Durham handy for wiping the road film off the windshield. I thought that was a normal necessity. Jim, that plowed 8 places today A.