RE: [ihc] Engine ID by pic

What a lot of engineering time to fiddle with a 'stopgap' engine. Of course
with the 1110/1210 already having a x-member available for the 258, we'd
only be talking about brackets but still...I wonder if anyone at IH was
seriously considering keeping the 401 in the range? That *might* help
explain the extra work to fit a manual in '74. I also wonder if they thought
the 401 was going to be easier to smog than the 392 going forward, the 401
did soldier on 'til '91 with a carburetor!

Jim