[ihc] AMC Power Plants

My understanding is the 258 was the base engine for the Light Trucks for a number of years.. I just haven't seen any in person (not counting Scouts, of course). :D

The story I've heard on the 401 T'alls/pickups was IH had a shortage of 392s in the '73-75 time frame, and the Medium Duties got priority for the 392. The 401 was substituted in the Light Line to make up for the lack of 392 supply.