Re: [ihc] Engine ID by pic

On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:33 PM, Joel Furtek wrote:

No less a source than Crismon mentions it in both 1973 and 1974.
Anecdotally, I can recall seeing it in a number of travelalls (including a non-runner I owned) and in two 1/2-ton pickups
Thanks, Joel

A friend of my son had a big Jeep Wagoneer with that engine, but I didn't know about the IH"s of that era. I guess I was extrapolating from 72, the year for which I had some data.

Anyway, it was an awesome engine in that Jeep, so I can understand why you might like to mess around with one.

The son mentioned above, for a short time, raced a highly modified AMC Matador which had that engine in it. He didn't stay with the Saturday night racing for very long after deciding that that kind of excitement was hard on his nerves and blood pressure.

Earlier than my son's short racing career, NASCAR racing had a Matador driven by Bobby Allison and others that did very well.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs