Re[2]: [ihc] alternators

Ryan Moore wrote:

RM> I suggest taking the thing back out and having the parts store test it.

Though this can result in false info as well.  I once installed a top
of the line Delco on a S10.  It immediately heated up upon running and
made unnatural noise.  I took it back to the parts store where I had
purchased it(Western Auto).  It tested good on their bench tester.  I
then took it to an auto electric shop and they immediately told me it
had a bad diode.  Armed with this I got a replacement from the parts
store and all was good again with the S10.

So, short story: top level rebuild from Delco, bad out of the box yet
tested good at the parts store.

Ken