Re: [ihc] What is EPIRB?

Sporty's sells them ;)

The PLB they sell lists for $599   It also transmits a 50mW signal on
121.5MHz.   Battery good for 5 years and can transmit for 24 hours.
Buoyant, waterproof to 3ft.  Position pinpointing down to .5 mile.

I don't know how they'd react to "I broke a driveshaft" though.  ;)   On the
other hand, if it was obvious that you'd be stuck there with no safe way of
getting out otherwise, seems like it'd be acceptable use of it.

They also have a lot of nifty (my word) survival kits and stuff.  For
$179.95 you can have a two person suvival pack.  Comlplete with a large
firs-aid complement, food and water, signaling devices, fire starting and
cooking, and a shelter (as well as other assorted stuff).

They have a smaller one that's $70.

There're even halon fire extinguishers and inflatable rafts and life vests.
;)

-Ryan

---