Re: [ihc] TOW RIG DIESEL ***Poll***

John,

Put me down for the 4 dr 8 ft bed SRW 4x4.  I don't
think I want another 2 passenger vehicle, too much
trouble.  I then end up riding in some really small
vehicle because it actually has 4 seats.  Don't
believe the lies about the exended cab.  If you have
small children (under 10 yrs old) it might be useful,
else, not.

BTW don't by any early Chevy diesel allisons.  They
have since redesigned the cylinder heads and I'm not
sure why, but it must have been serious if they went
to that trouble.  And,  the early Allisons were
programmed wrong by Chevy and trashed a bunch of them,
it wasn't an Allison problem, just wrong software, but
it still killed the tranny.  These old ones might have
been fixed and they might not.  I don't know when they
fixed the software, but I wouldn't buy one
manufactured before the fix was in. The new ones
aren't the problem.

I'm not convinced that running the tranny without oil
is a useful test.  How often do you run a tranny or
engine that way?  Maybe, if you have a fleet of
asshole drivers and you're too dumb to fire them, but
I don't imagine you will drive it without oil.  Might
also be a useful test for a combat vehicle, but a
manual would do at least as well.  No disrespect meant
but how did the torque converter work without ATF???
It won't work filled with acetone, wrong fluid
properties for energy transfer.  Acetone is lower
viscosity than water.

As a test, I'd rather see how much it can lower from
the Eisenhower Tunnel to Denver with a jake and not
overheat.  And what speeds did it hit.

You'll love towing with the diesel.

Steve