RE: [ihc] Spring Perches

Randy, that's correct - 4x4 = short, 2x4 = long. The frames were all drilled
for both applications. I've learned on this list that it's possible to drill
out the existing perch, move it back and bolt it to the rear position, and
use a spring pack from a 2x4 truck. If you do this, you can also use a lift
kit for a 73-87 Chevy truck, which is apparently within a half inch of
correct length. There was a fairly long discussion of this procedure on
digest about a year ago. If you look in the archives, most of the thread had
the title "slight lift to older Travelall". Lots of good info there.

John A.