Reply: [ihc] stars

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Tom Harais wrote:

Well Jim:

You not only got me to a site where I found out what a Cargostar looks like,
but you exploded a myth I'd been carrying around with me since college.

I had heard, supposedly from people who had experience with such things,
that possession of Playboy or anything similar in Japan was subject to
criminal prosecution.  The stories I heard involved American businessmen
bringing Playboy with them when traveling to Japan and getting caught while
going through customs there.

I can see from the information you directed us to on the Cargostar site that
this had to be patently false information.
In your memory - you may have confused Saudi Arabia with Japan.

What would be considered pornographic (by most people) in the US, and *forbidden* in Saudi Arabia, is openly read in public in Japan.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided