RE: [ihc] stars

John, 20 lashes with a wet noodle until you get a copy of Fred Crismon's
'International Trucks', wherein All Will Be Revealed ;)

Fleetstar - medium to heavy conventional that has the distinction of
introducing the cab that would be used on the D series light trucks starting
in '69.
http://home.inreach.com/dunsmrfd/apparat.htm (engine 812)

Cargostar - The somewhat illogical extension(literally) of the CO(cabover)
Loadstar introduced in '71 IIRC. They added a 'splice strip' in the center
of the cab to widen it, ostensibly to make more room for a 3rd passenger. I
refuse collection crews complained about being too intimate :)
http://www.motorcities.com/contents/00B0A053115493.html

Transtar - Over the road(mostly) class 8 cabover tractor(mostly). These have
had some *serious* variants, from straight trucks to all wheel drive dual
front steering axle oilfield behemoths.
http://www.daveswebshop.com/us51401.shtml

Loadstar - Universal Utility Truck, produced from '62 through '78 by the
millions. Semi-cab-forward, as homely today as it was 42 years ago. Still
working for a living.
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/0/0/75144500.htm

Paystar - Ultra-heavys marketed to the construction/earthmoving trades, et
al. Think dump trucks, transit mixers, etc.
http://www.threelakestruck.com/Images/dumptrucks/90IntlPayblk.jpg

Jim