RE: Re[2]: [ihc] Holley projection help

## >> It was more than that, and earlier. you bought the
## >> ignition & fuel system together, and seems to me it
## >> was in 96 or 97. Seems to me the fuel injection was
## >> more like 7 or 800bucks.
## >>
## >> Mark

sounds about right to me.  i have the original sales ticket for the entire
Holley kit that's in our TravelAll, not sure where i put it, but it came
with the documentation that accompanied the truck when we picked it up.  the
total was around $750 for everything that's installed in our system, that
includes the throttle body and injectors, two spare injectors, ECU, wiring
harness, two Holley high-pressure fuel pumps, fuel hoses, Holley electronic
fuel line switch and wiring with in-cab tank/gauge switch, inline pressure
gauge, filters, and various odds and ends.  there's more bits and bobs than
i can remember, but everything together was right around $750.  if anybody
actually wants a compleat list of everything that it's got installed, i can
track it all down and write it up.

that does not, of course, include the cost of the high performance coil or
Crane FireBall XR3000 electronic ignition, neither of which was cheap.
there's almost no documentation on the engine itself other than to indicate
that it has an aftermarket cam, which anybody who drove it would figure out
in about fifteen seconds when they stepped on the gas and very little
happened, and then at 2200rpm what they expected coming off idle happened
then instead.

anyway, another nickel from me.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton