From: Ted Borck [mailto:tborck@domain.elided]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:51 AM
To: Peter Shubin
Cc: ihc@domain.elided; sporttop@domain.elided; jgrammer@domain.elided
Subject: Reply: [ihc] RE: 1966 Paint Chart

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Peter  Shubin wrote:

> I was going to ask about this after misplacing the earlier post of this
> color source.  It looks like you beat me to it.
>
> This is cool.  Does anyone have a picture of any vehicle painted 1966-67
> Bahama Blue Poly #13297?  I wanted to paint my 800 that Howard helped me
> determine to be either a 1966 or 67 a stock color blue and didn't want to
go
> with the original Postal blue.  The Bahama Blue Poly is very close to what
> had in my mind and is probably what I will end up using.  I'm looking at
> this color to go with my white 1/2 cab top and/or a "Spice" soft top.

Pete:

You may already be aware of this - but the color chips as shown on the
autocolor web site may not be an acurate reflection of the color as
physically painted.

My latest Scout's factory color doesn't look anything like the color as
shown on the autocolor web page.

To decide if I was going to retain the factory color or repaint in another
color, I had my favorite paint shop mix up a small aerosol spray can of my
Scout factory color.

YMMV

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided