Reply: [ihc] RE: 1966 Paint Chart

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Peter  Shubin wrote:

I was going to ask about this after misplacing the earlier post of this
color source.  It looks like you beat me to it.

This is cool.  Does anyone have a picture of any vehicle painted 1966-67
Bahama Blue Poly #13297?  I wanted to paint my 800 that Howard helped me
determine to be either a 1966 or 67 a stock color blue and didn't want to go
with the original Postal blue.  The Bahama Blue Poly is very close to what I
had in my mind and is probably what I will end up using.  I'm looking at
this color to go with my white 1/2 cab top and/or a "Spice" soft top.
Pete:

You may already be aware of this - but the color chips as shown on the autocolor web site may not be an acurate reflection of the color as physically painted.

My latest Scout's factory color doesn't look anything like the color as shown on the autocolor web page.

To decide if I was going to retain the factory color or repaint in another color, I had my favorite paint shop mix up a small aerosol spray can of my Scout factory color.

YMMV

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided
305-343-6023 Cell Phone