Re[2]: [ihc] D series spare tire cover

DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided wrote:

=>>Maybe the 3/4 tons needed the bulge for the larger spare tire?

Dcc> =Nope. If it was bigger than the hole inside it went underneath. Note that
Dcc> =we're working with a fixed radius/width at the bottom of the well. Case in
Dcc> =point, the OE 8.75-16.5's on my '73 1210.

Dcc> where did the spare go if it was too large for the well,
Dcc> and you had a frame mounted hitch?

My '73 1210 has 950R16 original tire size.  I don't know if it was
mounted underneath or inside.  It is currently mounted underneath, and
it has a frame mounted hitch as well.  This hitch was made to
accommodate the spare.  It does not appear to be a factory hitch
though.

Ken