Ed,

Sorry for the obscure reference, I'm a remarkably illiterate guy but I'm reading Steinbeck's book right now. (BTW, don't look for it in travel writing, it's usually in with the rest of his books.)
<snip>

J> On Wednesday, November 10, 2004, at 02:42PM, Ed Sohm <idaemes@domain.elided> wrote:

Ok Joel, you got me, I had to search for it.  WTH did we do before the
internet?  My kids will never know.

I will have to find that book.
<snip>

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Furtek [mailto:heelsroll@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 12:51 PM
To: Jim Grammer
<snip>

It's been on eBay 2x now, and he's come down pretty far on his price.
I was looking at it for my Rocinante; I'm working on a week or two
journey to clear my head and get out, and I figured buying an old IH in
the West somewhere would be a good start.  :-)
<snip>

Steinbeck's truck "Travels With Charley(?)"

IIRC, Don Quixote's horse was also named Rocinante.

It means a broken down old nag [horse].

Good name for the Travelall in its present condition.

It'd be a good thing to go tilt at windmills with - and camp out of.

If I still had my place in Georgia - I'd want it.

--
Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided