RE: [ihc] What does it cost to make a big hole instead of a small one?

What Greg said ;) You have ventured beyond the world of engineering economy
and into the viper infested morass of (shudder) Marketing!

There, the pivotal postulate transmutes from 'what did this cost us to make'
into 'what can we charge and still sell in the expected volume'. One of the
central tenets has long been 'bigger is better, and thus more $desirable$'.

Jim

Who has worked both sides of the fence ;)