RE: Re[4]: [ihc] RE: lug patterns

## >> 10 on 11.375
## >> (standard 'big
## >> truck' pattern, I don't know WTF Mac means by 'industrial'
## >> pattern)

industrial standard pattern means that all the industrial trucks, from
forklifts up through LTL, overland, and overload trucks, including military
applications, use that pattern.  it is "industry standard".  which, again,
means "standardized throughout industry".  the ten lug on 11-3/8"
"industrial" is the single most common lug pattern found on industrial
trucks using Budd style wheels.

Greg, i think you're just being obtuse and ornery about it, honestly.  i
believe you know exactly what i was referring to and have chosen to be a
jerk on purpose.  however, as this isn't the first time you've treated me
(as well as others on this Digest) with this sort of disrespect, i've come
to expect this kind of behaviour from you.  whenever i see a post from you,
i am always loathe to open it, because i just know there's a high
probability there will be at least one of some kind of sarcastic, scathing,
unkind, often condescending, disrespectful and generally unpleasant remark
towards another member of the Digest.  i don't know why anyone would be
willing to put up with that kind of behaviour from you.

so now i ask you, is "standard big truck pattern" the officially accepted
and endorsed term for the industrial truck ten lug wheel pattern?  i've
heard a few people in the general public refer to industrial truck wheels as
"big truck wheels" and the ten lug pattern they use as "big truck
pattern"...  but you know, i've never heard anybody who actually works in
the industry, i'll call them professionals, refer to them in that fashion.
when the mechanics came to our yard to work on our trucks, they referred to
the wheels and lug pattern as "standard industrial", as did every person who
worked in our shop, so that's what i've always called them.  since that time
i've continuously heard that pattern referred to as industrial standard as
well.  but never once have i heard any professionals in that industry call
them " standard big truck pattern".

you can take your "WTF" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton