RE: [ihc] 1941 International Harvester : Other Models K1 7-Pass. (ebay)

John, Mark, Steve, et al...

Yup, IH made woodies. Lots of 'em. They didn't body them, rather sent
cowl/chassis units to the body builders of the day. Baker-Rauling, Cantrell,
Hans & Franz(kidding!), etc.. There are a bunch of woodie pics in Crismon to
drool over.

Expect the reserve on this unit to be far north of $15k. Typical pricing on
one of these in restored 1.5 condition is more like $40-50k last I knew.
Check out the Green Valentine Inc. ad in Hemmings for some going prices.

I think it *highly* unlikely that this is the 'last survivor'. I've seen
other K woodie ads in the past. That's typical seller drivel that's bled
over onto ebay. 'Hey, this *might* be the last one!', so buy it!!!!!. Yawn.
Implies naivetie on the part of a potential buyer IMHO and is borderline
insulting as a result.

Mark is spot on. When you're attempting to sell a vehicle sight unseen for
$large$, you *cannot* include too many pics. Not showing any part of the
vehicle raises suspicion.

Another point from your friendly devil's advocate ;). Even with a ton of
pictures, it's a rare vehicle on ebay that is all it's made out to be. The
A-102 pickup that's close to ending now is a good example. No offense to the
seller, but the truck is about to command a #1 condition closing bid. The
seller was honest enough to include tons of pics, even pointing out paint
flaws. The truck is stated to be a 'professional restoration'. From the pics
it's obvious that there are a number of unadressed issues(i.e. big unfilled
cracks in the steering wheel, etc) and non original modifications. The
attempt at 'restoring' the gauge panel faceplate is just lame to me. In
fairness, the seller is letting the market set the price for the truck,
can't fault them for that.

Jim