[ihc] Cargostar

Digesters-

I got offered a 1610 cargostar yesterday, running when parked a year ago.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the cab to tilt so I can check fluids
before starting, check engine size, etc. I have tried jacking the hand jack,
but it doesn't move at all. There is an air conditioner mounted on top of the
cab. Would this be enough to make jacking the cab difficult? The release lever
appears to be functional enough to use, and it looks to be a couple of inches
before the "hook" grabs the bar (sort of like a gate latch) so there should be
some movement, but I just can't get the thing to move. The hydraulics are
pressurizing, and the handle gets pretty hard to pump with the screwdriver I
tried to use as a jack handle. Am I missing something that should be obvious?
Advice is needed.

-Allan