RE: [ihc] Cargostar

No wisdom out of me on your question.  I've helped work on one of those,
but the pump was shot and we tilted the cab with a loader tractor.
Makes things pretty accessible but I kept worrying that it was going to
come crashing down on me even with the support in place.

I looked at a '60s 1600 Loadstar yesterday.  Offered to me free if I
come get it.  No brakes and some kind of tranny issue (owner said "bad
tranny").  Aren't the free ones always like that?  I have a call into
the local wrecker guy to see what it will cost to have him haul it to my
house.  A little too heavy and hilly for me to attempt with a rigged
towbar behind my Travelette.  Funny thing, I drove this truck once,
about 15 years ago.  The owner hired me for a couple days to help vacuum
corn.  I only drove it empty from his house to the place where we were
vac'ing.  It has a 266 if I remember right. License will probably scare
the heck out of me, neat old truck though if I can get it going. Dayton
wheels, yuck!

That will be the 5th IH drug home this year, in case anyone is counting.

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B
'74 200 4X4 Travelette Camper Special